The Outsourced Data Protection Officer (DPO) service is designed to satisfy an organisation’s legal responsibility to designate a DPO, whether that be mandatory or voluntary.
If you are lawfully required to appoint a DPO, or choose to appoint one voluntarily – consider an outsourced Data Protection Officer arrangement.
We are an established data protection and information security consultancy with international experience, our team are involved in outsourced DPO responsibilities across different business sectors and provide invaluable expert advice.
Under business as usual (BAU) the Outsourced DPO undertakes or commissions the following tasks:
- reviewing documentation (e.g. policies and procedures)
- attending client sites to monitoring work practice compliance
- providing training/raising awareness about data protection issues/priorities
- undertaking or advising on DPIAs, security incident investigations, or rights requests
- advising on processor contracts and sharing agreements
- undertaking periodic data compliance audits
- submitting periodic compliance assurance reports to senior management
- liaison with and representing the client to the ICO and data subjects
- testing information security controls
The DPO will also maintain or check the maintenance of:
- information asset registers
- appropriate privacy information
- personal data breach logs
- data subject rights request logs
- information risk register
- other elements of the information governance framework
Providing we can undertake the function of a Data Protection Officer as envisaged by the law, we will work with you to design an appropriate outsourced DPO service that meets your operational needs, your budget, and ensures you remain within the law with regard to the role and responsibilities of the DPO.
Our account support team in Leeds will send to you, at the end of every month, a statement of the time expended on the provision of the outsourced DPO service making for transparency and accountability.
Click here to discuss how we can help you with outsourcing a DPO.
Send us a Message
Information Governance: Achieving and Maintaining Accountability
Click the player below and listen to this weeks episode of Data Protection Made Easy where we discuss Information Governance in Local Authorities. During this... Read More
Information Sharing – Advice for Practitioners Providing Safeguarding (Part 2)
Last week’s episode of ‘Data Protection Made Easy’ was one of our busiest yet, we hosted back to back webinars on Information Sharing with over... Read More
Information Sharing – Advice for Practitioners Providing Safeguarding Services
Data Protection People work with several schools, colleges, universities and multi-academy trusts and the common questions asked are about Data Sharing, Safeguarding and Data Protection,... Read More
GDPR Radio – News & Views
This weeks episode of GDPR Radio was an extra special one as Phil and Dave were in the same office at the same time which... Read More
PCI DSS – Everything you need to know
Click the player below to listen to our latest episode of Data Protection Made Easy. During this session, our brilliant hosts Oliver Rear, Philip Brining... Read More
GDPR Radio – News & Views
Click the player below to listen to our latest recording of GDPR Radio, where our top consultants Oliver Rear, Philip Brining and David Holmes join... Read More